Questions and Answers
Your Questions About Cheap Studio Apartments
I need a cheap studio in NE or NW Portland, OR?
I am a college student, looking for a cute little studio or one bedroom in NE or NW Portland. Anywhere from 300-450 is my price range. Anything could help, I would prefer to not live in a ghetto apartment but am not snobby. If you know of any places let me know.
Ghetto, I didn’t know black people would even feel comfortable living in portland….. MHmmm
What should I look for in an apartment/studio?
I’ve never lived anywhere but home, and I’m 32. Recently, I had an interview in a different city, same state. If I get the job, I have to move, but I don’t know the first thing to do. I know I have to look for a really cheap, yet safe and clean apartment/studio, but I’m apprehensive. I don’t know what to take and what to leave behind. I still don’t drive, so I have to live close enough to my workplace to walk there and get groceries, do my laundry, etc.
I’m not sure what the rates or conditions are like in CA, but some key things to look for in an apartment or studio are:
- reasonable rent for what you are getting. Compare prices with other buildings offering the same type of apartments
- appliances in the apartment, ie fridge and stove. It’s a bonus if it includes a dishwasher, washer/dryer
- it is much cheaper if you can get in a building that pays for the heat and hot water, and you just have to pay for electricity
- when checking out the apartment, be sure there are no black, moldy spots around the windows, in the bathroom and/or in the kitchen. Make sure the building is clean, too.
- A live-in super is so much better then not having one in the building.
- Some places come furnished, which might be easier on you. Www.kijiji.ca is a great way to find apartments
- check out several buildings before making a decision
As for things to bring, well, bring what you can and what you need. You can always purchase new or used things later on, but the essentials would be bed, clothes, dishes, and food.
Good luck on your interview!
Buying studio apartment victoria in australia?
I want to buy a studio apartment in victoria for a cheap cost?
(not very luxurious ,but basic things are essential)]
1.How much will it cost around?
First off it depends on where in Victoria?? Location is highly important in determining the price. Secondly you will have a hard time finding a studio condominium. Almost all condominiums are at least 2 bed room.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers