Questions and Answers
Your Questions About Forest Hills Queens
What are the funnest things to do in nyc?
for my friends my 16th bday we r planning to go to nyc
what are the best stores, resteraunts, sights etc.
Go to forest hills, queens. There’a a sort of hidden tourist attraction most people dont know about, a lady who’s house is decorated with fake flowers and she usually talks to people.
Where can I buy lighting gels in queens or brooklyn ONLY?
I’m looking for a place that sells lighting supplies, I need sheet gels, help?
This is located at 101-18 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY
What do you think is the most beautiful residential district of toronto?
what is the richest district of toronto? the one with the clothing stores brand? (haute couture – fashion media)
For beauty, my selection (based on personal prejudice) is The Beach, some like the spelling with ‘es’. For richest it would be either upper Rosedale or Forest Hill although some of those high rise condos in downtown are dang expensive. The clothing district was on, or near, Spadina, south of Queen St. W. But if you want stores, then Yorkville, Yorkdale Mall, Fairview Mall, or maybe Scarborough Town Centre. I’m not sure if Sherway Gardens is considered as Toronto or Mississauga.
What is a good work out and diet for a 15 year old?
My weight is 110 lbs, my height is 5″2. BMI = 20.1 (I am at a healthy weight for my hegith). I would like to get more muscular, especially on my arms and abs. What would be a good work out that I can do each night using dumbbells and body exercises, espcially upper body exercises and how long should I spend on each one? And I also need to know what I Should be eating and not eating to get more muscular. I don’t eat fast food and I don’t drink coke or other sugary drinks.
Don’t take supplements for your body. Not worth it. Hard work, and a healthy diet is all you need. I’m not an expert at all since I barely exercize or workout. But i’ve asked the same question enough times to know what I or you would need to do. But I just haven’t done it. Someone sent this to me, to help me out with my workout.
Well, Before i go to school i have Total for breakfastl, lunch whatever they have and fruit and vegatables.snack when i get home 3:30 usaully an egg sandwhich and a big glass of water wait 30 min then go exercising, after is dinner then 1 hour later i go running again here it’s cold now. I live in usa, WV. Ok for my conditioning on the off-season / weekends:
Take a 10 cards out of the 52. Joker = 20 reps Ace = 15 reps king queen jack = 10 reps you know 2-10.well you take the 10 cards flip over one say 8 i’ll do 8 crunches 8 sit ups 8 side to side sit ups 8 leg lifts 8 bicycles without arm motion 8 bicyles with arm motion..then i do 8 reps of 3 yoga ab exercises. And hold my self up on my forearms.
jog 5 min
10 push ups sit ups squats
run uphills x 2
Aerobic(note the field i run is huge)
field run x 4 (after every lap do 10 sit ups push ups and squats)
water break between 2 laps
reverse field run x 4
forest run x 1(for coordnation)
plyometrics x 3
Doc x 4 (deck of cards i learned from wrestling)
wall sets x 3 (2 min)
leg lifts x 5 (1 min)
bunnies x 4 (1 min)
1 arm push ups x 4 (2 push ups)
pull ups x 3 (6 reps)
decline push ups x 3 (10 reps)
40 yard sprints x 5 ( 10 ; 40′s)
football drills x 2
jump rope x 4 (2 min)
dirty dozen x 3
log carry(uphill optional) x 3
sprint up hills x 8
jog up hills x 10-20
that is my off-season / weekend..im doin wrestling now but i have a broken hand so im out for now. Too me i was the best wrestler there at 179lbs..but you think 179 = fat well guess again im not i have a two pack my stomach is flat but still needs work with lower abs,but i eat eggs because of good carbs and protein, any kind of meat has protien,fast food too greasy.stay away from foods that have high fructose corn syrup / particially hydrogenated vegatable oil that is why america’s people are obese not making fun just telling you the facts. Do lots of cardio and diet right to lose the stomach like i am now..just walla go i just came in from running i did a short workout nothing much but its still cardio i was out of breath.. I did:
20 ; 40 yard dashes
and running uphills for about 5 min.
Simple workout. But if you have any more questions just email me ill be happy to answer any of them.
Some keys to help you:
ALL IT TAKES IS ALL YOU GOT!
A MATTER OF HEART!
GOOD MIND SET!
PAIN IS TEMPORARY PRIDE IS FOREVER!
THE WILL TO CONTINUE!
DETERMINATION IS THE STRENGTH NEEDED TO SUCCED!
I need to get on the treadmill.
I would like to thank Matthew S for supplying the info
What are some books you would recommend?
What are any books you would recommend, i read mature books, preferably in the “teen” or “adult” section of your local bookstore, i need new books to read that i haven’t already read. Please give me any good books and recommendations.
These are some of my favorite series. Keep in mind that some of them are adult and will contain adult content, I will put a warning star next to any adult books. No, I am not trying to corrupt todays youth, but some people are more mature than others. If you want the summaries of these books or have any questions then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org as that is now my more used account. Happy reading!
- The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
- The House of Night Series by PC and Kristen Cast
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
- Dorina Basarab, Dhampir by Karen Chance*
- Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris*
- Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
- Shapeshifters Quest Dena Landon (a given don’t you think)
- Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaughn*
- Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs*
- Omega Series by Patricia Briggs*
- Faythe Sanders Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent*
- Last Herald-Mage Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey*
- Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey*
- The Books of Pellinor by Allison Croggon
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling
- Immortals Series by Tamora Pierce (animal magic)
- The Sisters of Isis by Lynne Ewing (Egyptian)
- The Bonemender Trilogy by Holly Bennett
- Gallagher Girls Series by Allie Carter
- Squad by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- The Specialists by Shannon Greenland
- Alex Rider by Anthony Horowitz
- Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Undone by Brooke Taylor
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
- I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan
- By The Time You Read This, I’ll Be Dead by Julie Anne Peters
- All Sarah Dessen Books
- Lovely Bones
+ Faeries–And I Don’t Mean Happy Fae, No Tinkerbell Crap Here
- A Great and Terrible Beauty
- Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Tithe: A Modern Fairy Tale Holly Black
- Valiant: A Modern Fairy Tale Holly Black
- Ironside: A Modern Fairy Tale by Holly Black
- Dark Swan Series by Richelle Mead*
+ Other (I will tell you what it is about loosely…)
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick(fallen angels but in no way a religious book)
- Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix (necromancers)
- The Companions Quartet Julia Golding (mythological animals)
- The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot (ghosts)
- Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce (knights/magic)
- Protector of the Small Series by Tamora Pierce (knights)
- Warriors Series by Erin Hunter (the world of cats in the wild)
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan (Greek Mythology)
- The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan (Zombies, but not cheesy)
+ Mix of Some AKA Really Hard to Explain
- Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
- Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
- The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman
- Tales of the Frog Princess E.d. Baker
- Cry of the Icemark by Gary Hill
- East by Edith Pattou
- Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith (vampires/angels/romance)
+ Sci-Fi In a Way but Not In a Star Trek Way
- Maximum Ride by James Patterson
- Midnighters by Scott Westerfield
- The Beastmasters by Andre Norton
- Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
help, I need directions to barnes and nobles in forest hills from jamaica ave by train or bus?
I need directions from jamaica ave to forest hills barnes and nobles please help
The B&N on Austin Street is within 4 blocks of the 71st Continental Avenue subway station.
Just hop on any Manhattan-bound E or F train from Jamaica and get off at 71st Continental, come out of the station on the south side of Queens Boulevard.
Austin Street is right in front of that old-European-style Long Island Railroad station that crosses over 71st Continental. Walk that way, and turn right onto Austin street, the B&N is 3 blocks down on the left side.
Welcome to my neighborhood, hope you will have a good time.
What are some nice areas to live in in Queens ?
an area that is maybe close to a brigde for quick acess out of Queens heading north.
Elmhurst is a complicated neighborhood in western Queens. It has come a long way since troubles in the 1980s, even longer since its colonial founding in the 1650s. Elmhurst is the thriving home of families — middle class and working class — housed in a mix of older multi-family homes, and co-op and apartment buildings. Immigrants, especially from Asia and Latin America, have made Elmhurst maybe the most diverse part of Queens.
Floral Park, Bellerose, and New Hyde Park are names of neighborhoods in both Queens and Nassau County. Back in nineteenth century, before Queens became part of NYC, the County of Queens included much of what is now Nassau County. These few neighborhoods still share names.
Forest Hills, a neighborhood in central Queens, has three distinct parts. This profile covers beautiful Forest Hills Gardens, the adjoining area of single and multi-family homes, and the higher density apartment buildings and co-ops on the north side of Queens Boulevard. Plus area shopping and neighborhood basics are covered.
Jackson Heights is a bustling neighborhood, famous for its garden apartment buildings and its diversity. Enjoy this neighborhood profile on Jackson Heights real estate, history, restaurants, and local institutions.
What are the prices and things for NYC movie tickets?
Okay, so a couple of questions.
1) for “kids” tickets, what does that mean? under 12, under 13, under 10… can you buy only kids tickets for a pg-13 movie?
2) related… does pg-13 mean you have to be over 13 to see it? i thought it meant parental guidance whatever but some theaters make you buy adult tickets for it…
3) is it true that if you see a morning movie (11:00 or so) the tickets are half-price?
So it all depends on WHICH theater you go to. For example, a ticket in Forest Hills, Queens will cost 13.50 but if i go to Sunny side, Queens it costs like 5.00 or 7.00
It all changes with kids too. It depends where. You can use Yelp.com to find reviews on theaters in NYC and then call the theater for their prices.
20 PG 13 means you have to be 13 to buy a ticket. Therefore, buy an adult ticket. If you are under 13, you have to go with someone 18 and over to see the movie.
3) Yep! It’s called matine. (ma-te-nay)
does anybody know how to get from forest hills queens ny to 165 plank road coxsackie, newyork 12051 by train?
does anybody know how to get from forest hills queens ny to 165 plank road coxsackie, newyork 12051 by train or bus and how much would it be round trip ? i need to visit my husband in jail i would really appreciate it if someone can let me know thanks
Closest will be Amtrak’s Hudson Station, but Amtrak is expensive.
Also from Hudson Station, you must take taxi to there because there is no public transportation or call the jail to see if they have shuttle bus or not.
To get to AMTRAK station at Penn Station, you could take Long Island Railroad from Forest Hill to Penn Station or take cheaper subway line, Manhattan-bound (E) train from Forest Hills-71st Av to 34th St-Penn Station.
AMTRAK train you must make reservation.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers