Apartments for Cheap

Questions and Answers

Your Questions About Hud Apartments Florida

April 28, 2012

Carol asks…

Can I Rent an Apartment in a HUD Housing Community as a Sex Offender?

I Committed an Offence in Florida where I had Consensual Sex with a Minor 16 Years old (who said they were 18) this happened in 1996. I have a Letter from The Office of The California Attorney General that is Dated 12/2009 advising me the following:

“Pursuant to California Penal Code Section 290 et. seq., you are no longer required to register as a sex offender in the State of California for your 1997 Conviction in the State of Florida for Lewd & Lascivious Acts with a minor.
The Department of Justice (DOJ) has updated it’s records and a notification concerning this action has been sent to the law enforcement agency with which you last registered. it is recommended that you retain this letter as evidence that you are no longer required to register.

I Found a Place in The Northern California Area I would like to Live and I’m on SSI as well so I would Qualify because of my Income. However, it is a non-profit corporation that accepts section 8 vouchers (i don’t have one) as well as check or money order to pay for the rent, therefore they get federal funding. I have been Crime Free since My Release from Incarceration on 06/20/2007.

Administrator answers:

The HUD prohibition against sex offenders refers to “lifetime registered sex offenders”. Since you do not fall into that category, and especially since you are living in the State that dropped you from the rolls, you should be able to qualify.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers